Thursday, April 23, 2009

Like A Summer Rose

I am sad to say that I have been remiss in my blogging responsibilities, on all fronts. I know, I know, I should be flogged. But instead I'll just be blogged.

Hahaha heheheheh ohoo ohoo. I kill myself.

Aside from that we haven't been up to much. (I know SHOCKING)

So, I would like to pose a question to all and any who would like to answer:

What do you do ALL DAY to keep your kids entertained?

This has plagued me for a long time because I am always at a loss as to what to do. "I just don't know what to do with myself, don't know what to do with myself." Sorry, that song just popped in my head and I got lost in refrain. Back to the question at hand. I mean there are only SO many books you can read until they and you get tired of it, there are only SO many songs you can sing until they and you get tired of it, there are only SO many hours that you can color until your arm starts to feel numb and your fingers cramp and you feel as if the whole appendage is going to fall off but you can't stop because you promised to color today and, and and . . . Sorry, where was I? Oh, yes, so what do you do all day?

7 comments:

Ashley said...

I have been wondering the same thing...

Kevin A. said...

Shoot! You are asking the same thing? Well, I guess I can't ask you then huh...

Lindsay said...

Checking my garden 100 times an hour--does this count?

Sasha said...

oh goodness, I've been up to my eyeballs with frustration about this SAME thing! Especially with our crazy rainy/windy weather lately. I've considered searching online for preschool-type schedules, and trying that! Of course, Jaden probably wouldn't go with it. Good luck, mama! And if you find out the secret, LET ME KNOW! ;)

Anonymous said...

You could do a lot of things!
Cook something with them
go for a field trip.
The FC trolley- on a free day!
The Swetsville Zoo
The Raptor Rehab Center
The fish hatchery in Bellvue
Fly a kite

Um, I guess that's a few ideas.

Laura said...

yes, I can do a toddler size bedspread. Email me specifics of what you are thinking and I can quote you the price.

Fun!

laurabsmith1@gmail.com

Kirsta 'n co. said...

we hit park after park after park in the hopes of wearing Patrick out to get longer naps, but mostly it wears me out instead. When it rains, we're totally stumped. We can't even color because he eats the crayons!