Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Traditions, well almost

Yesterday we tried starting our own traditions for Easter; tried being the operative word. We woke up and Lydia and I watched The Prince of Egypt as a shout out to Passover. I started the dinner prep, we got a visit from Uncle Michael (with a basket), and then we went to church. When we came home we tried to put Lydia down for a nap, but that didn't quite turn out but while she was in her room we were visited by the Easter Bunny. He left a bunch of eggs filled with the Easter Message in the back yard. I tried to take pictures of Lydia finding the eggs ("Where's egg? Oh, there iiii is!") but of course the batteries died on the camera. Had I taken the time to go and replace them I would have missed the whole thing so I guess I have to be content with the memory. Unfortunately we also found an unpleasant something while hunting eggs; an expired baby squirrel. We were able to enjoy a small dinner: ham, green jello salad, and twice baked potatoes (I had rolls but of course forgot about them until after dinner). We then went over to Aunt Anita's house to visit. Now I knew that stuffed animal collections expanded and grew fast when you had kids but I didn't know they grew sooooo fast; exponentially fast. Yesterday we accumulated 7 new additions to our collection, SEVEN! and for ONE Easter we ended up with FIVE, yes FIVE Easter baskets. All in all it was a good day. We were going to watch The Miracle Maker later in the evening but we weren't able to fit it in anywhere. Happy Easter!

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

Just think you can give them away because I must say...you will receive more each year! Well, maybe not, but I bet you do! You rock!