Sunday, March 16, 2008

I've Got The Demon In Me

Lydia has started a disturbing and frightening pattern. It started yesterday night when I decided to take her "ba bye" with me. We stepped out the door and she would not leave the stoop. I walked to the car calling her after me. At first she came down the steps and then would immediately walk back up. The last time she did instead of heading for the car like is routine she decided to take a different route. She took a couple of steps onto the grass and then a devilish grin surfaced. She looked at me. "Don't you dare." Before I knew it she was running pell mell toward the street. Yes, that busy street that barely ever has a break in speeding traffic. Had I not grabbed her, in a death grip might I add, when I did I don't really even want to think about what could have happened. I was so upset. I was mad at her but I wasn't mad at her. Does that make sense? She did it again today and I turned into some demonic creature. She got away from Kevin and my voice started shrieking at her to stop and I'm sure that my eyes turned a shade of red and again, she laughed the entire time.

No comments: